A shameful pun for this Christmas cocktail name!
Please find below a recipe for what I think is a deliciously delightful fizzy tipple to enjoy over the Christmas period! My gin buddy and I came up with this on our Christmas Gin Day…we even went back for seconds because it was so yummy.
What you need
(This makes a generous two glasses)
- 50ml gin (I went for Mary-Le-Bone because it’s fabulous!)
- 25ml elderflower liqueur
- 25ml vanilla liqueur (I used Galliano)
- 100ml cranberry juice
- Prosecco to top up
- dried star anise
What you do
- Combine the gin, elderflower liqueur, vanilla liqueur and cranberry juice in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add one dried star anise flower to the cocktail shaker.
- Shake vigorously for 30 seconds
- Strain the contents into two champagne flutes until they are half full.
- Top up the glass with prosecco.
- Garnish with another dried star anise.
Give it a try and let me know how you get on, happy Christmas cocktail times!