Recently I bought a gin based Secret Santa gift in the form of this awesome book, “The Bartender’s Guide to Gin”
I even battled in my head over whether I could get away with giving a different pressie so that I could keep the book for myself. Instead, I had a flick through and took pictures of the cocktail recipes which I wanted to try the most…cheeky I know, but hey ho, no harm done!
The first page I opened was the Turkish Delight Gin Cocktail. I am a HUGE fan of Turkish Delight, and I find it to be quite festive so I decided then and there that I simply must make it. We were having our Gin Club Christmas Cocktail Party later that evening, so I was hoping that the ingredients weren’t going to be too obscure to just buy in the local supermarket and if they were I’d make do with what I did have and just cobble something together.
So here is my take on this Turkish Delight cocktail.
What you need:
- 50ml gin (I’d go with something floral)
- 175ml cranberry juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 drop Rose extract from Holy Lama Spice Drops
- pomegranate seeds
- ice cubes
- dried rose petals if you want to make it look nice and fancy
What to do:
- Pour the gin, cranberry juice and honey into a glass.
- Stir until the honey has dissolved.
- Add one drop of Holy Lama rose extract and stir again
- Finally add ice cubes and pomegranate seeds
- Sprinkle a few dried rose petals on top to make it look nice and pretty
This cocktail is most definitely heaven in a glass for any Turkish Delight lover and even Hubby, who really doesn’t like the stuff said he was impressed with the drink!! I’ll definitely be bringing this one out in future, it is so simple, quick and easy to make as it’s all done in one glass.
Give it a try and let me know how you get on, happy Christmas cocktail times!