Behind one of my Boutique-y Gin Advent Calendar doors I was rather excited to find a wee dram of Chocolate Orange Gin. Yup, you heard right, Chocolate Orange Gin. This was calling out to be used in a cocktail. The advent serving suggestion on the “That Boutique-y Gin Company” website was a Brunch Martini, but as Teacher Gin buddy and I were having a very special Christmas Cocktail Gin Day, we decided to have a bit of an experiment of our own and this is what we came up with.
What you need
- 30ml Chocolate Orange Gin
- 25ml Vanilla liqueur (we used Galliano)
- 25ml Coffee liqueur (we used one by Conker Spirit)
- A squeeze of fresh orange juice
- Dried orange wheel
- Grated chocolate
What you do
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake hard for 20-30 seconds.
- Strain into a martini glass.
- Garnish with a dried orange wheel and some grated chocolate…nom nom nom
Give it a try and let me know how you get on, happy Christmas cocktail times!